The delicious and easily prepared drink to keep you healthy
This contains two key ingredients:
Turmeric, known as the Golden Goddess, is one of the most recommended substances in Ayurveda, India's ancient indigenous medical system. It helps fight common ailments such as colds and sore throats, and generally strengthens the immune system. Turmeric also helps blood circulation. The healing substance found in turmeric is called curcumin, which imparts the distinctive golden yellow colour and the root’s medicinal action. Turmeric is also used in facial products, as it gives the skin a radiant, healthy glow
According to Ayurveda cinnamon helps increase circulation throughout the body, so it is particularly useful if you suffer from problems such as cold fingers & toes. This deliciously scented bark has a warming quality and is perfect to use in the fall, winter & spring. It helps expelling excess mucus and soothes cold and flu. It adds a sweet, and refreshing flavour to Golden Milk.
• 1 cup of cow’s milk • 1 teaspoon turmeric powder • A sprinkle of cinnamon • Honey or organic sugar to taste
1. Place milk in a saucepan over low/medium heat.
2. Bring to low boil.
3. Add one teaspoon of turmeric and pinch of cinnamon and let the mixture simmer for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Turn off heat and allow the mixture to cool to a warm drinkable temperature.
5. When the mixture has cooled, add honey or sugar to taste.
6. Serve warm, sieved if necessary.