Snake gourd - 250 gm
Bitter gourd - 250 gm
Onions - 1
Shallots - 3
Garlic pods - 2
Curry leaves - 2 - 3 sprigs
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp Dry
Red chillies - 2
Chilly powder - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder - A pinch
Oil - 1 tbsp Salt - for taste
Grated coconut - 1/2 cup
Tamarind or cocum - 10gms
1. Grate bitter gourd, snake gourd into very small pieces.
2. Cut onion, chillies and ginger into very small pieces using a grater.
3. Mix together bitter gourd snake gourd, grated coconut, ginger, turmeric, cocum, onion and green chillies.
4. Heat oil in a pan or a kadai.
5. Add mustard seeds and allow them to crackle.
6. Add the bitter gourd and snake gourd mixture into the frying pan.
7. Add salt and stir well.
8. Keep the pan covered and cook on a low flame for 7 minutes. Stir well