Garlic (chopped) - 10gm Ginger (chopped) - 40 gm Tamarind -100gm
Cloves of garlic - 10gm
Green chillies - 5gm
Methi (fenugreek) seeds, roasted finely - 5gm
Mustard seeds - 5gm
Cumin seeds - 5gm
Jaggery ( molasses ) - 25gm
Salt to taste
1. Roast the cumin seeds lightly and powder to a fine paste with the red chillies and half the fenugreek and garlic. (Masala).
2. Chop the ginger, green chillies and remaining garlic.
3. Soak the tamarind in some hot water and extract the juice.
4. Put in the chopped ingredients and continue boiling. In a pan, heat 3 tsp oil and add the mustard seeds and the remaining fenugreek seeds.
5. When the mustard crackles, add the ground masala and fry till the masala turns color.
6. Put in the chopped ingredients, Jaggery, salt to taste and tamarind juice.
7. Bring to a boil and boil till the juice is thick.
8. Garnish it with curry leaves