Ripe bananas - 200gm
Plain yoghurt - 200ml
Grated coconut - 100gm Green chillies - 10gm
Turmeric powder - 5gm
Sugar - 15gm
Curry leaves - 10gm
Dry red chillies - 5gm
Oil (coconut) - 15ml
Mustard seeds - 5gm
Salt to taste
1. Peel and slice the banana into thick round pieces. Add water & turmeric powder to the banana pieces and cook till they become soft.
2. Beat yoghurt and add to the cooked banana.
3. Grind together coconut and green chillies to a smooth paste. Add the paste to the above mixture and mix well.
4. Cook on medium heat till the yoghurt gets frothy. Add 1 tsp sugar and salt to taste. Do not boil.
5. Season with mustard seeds, red chillies and curry leaves fried in 1 tsp of oil.
6. Serve hot with rice.