Kerala Chicken Roast2015-08-03
1 - Whole medium chicken
3 - Onions sliced
2 - Tomatoes sliced
2 - Pieces of ginger sliced
5 - Cloves garlic sliced 30 ml - Oil
1 tsp - Black pepper medium ground
2 tbsp - Fresh lime juice
1 tbsp - Garam masala (clove, cinnamon, cardamom, fennel, pepper, nutmeg, star anise)
5 gm - Curry leaves. Salt to taste
1. Wash the chicken thoroughly and leave it to drain.
2. Mix a little salt, lemon juice and black pepper. Apply the mix over the chicken and leave it for an hour to marinate.
3. Heat some oil in a heavy bottomed pan. Put the whole chicken in it and turn the chicken in between frying to seal the chicken. Let it brown on all sides. Remove it from oil and keep it aside.
4. Sauté the onion, ginger slices, garlic slices, chicken masala, curry leaves until nicely browned. Add the tomatoes and sauté further more until the oil runs clear.
5. Add 2 cups water plus the water if any left from marination to the above mixture and put the chicken in it. Adjust salt according to taste. Cook the chicken on low fire, keeping it covered. Turn the chicken in between to cook on all sides.
6. Leave it on the flame, until the gravy thickens and chicken is properly cooked.
7. Chicken is ready to be served!
8 .Unlike other roasted chicken, this chicken has a nice spicy taste inside.