Prawns: 400 gm shelled and deveined
Lime juice - 30 ml
Chilli powder - 5gm
Turmeric Powder- 5gm
Salt - 5gm
Marinate the prawns in the above mix and keep aside.
Onions (chopped ) - 150gm
Garlic - 35gm sliced
Ginger - 40gm juliennes
Turmeric Powder - 5gm
Kashmiri Red Chili Powder -10gm
Coriander Powder - 20gm Garam Masala - 5gm Kokum or Tamarind - 10gm
Coconut milk - 50ml
Curry leaves - 15gm Oil and
Salt - as required
1. Heat Oil and sauté the ginger and garlic for 2 minutes
2. Add the onions and sauté till brown.
3. Add all the masala and sauté till raw smell is gone.
4. Now add the marinated prawns and sauté till the masala gets coated 5. Now add the Kokum and half cup water and cook on low flame.
6. Let the water dry up.
7. Do a taste test and adjust the salt then add coconut milk and curry leaves.
8. When the prawns are cooked, turn off the stove and serve with White rice.